Shipping a VR game in 3 days
I participated in the annual VR Jam, hosted by popular YouTube VR developers where I joined a team consisting of a 3D designer, a music
composer, and four programmers. My contributions was to produce 3D designs and UX/UI strategy. Fueled with
coffee, we built a functional VR game under the theme, "small world," in 3 days.
Project: VR game
Team: 7 talented specialists 🥰
Timeline: 3 days | July, 2021 - August, 2021
Role: UX/UI, 3D, Strategy
Tech: Unity, Blender, Figma, Photoshop, Oculus Quest 2
Ryan Rosales: 3D and UX/UI Designer
Karthik Rajesh: 3D Designer and Animator
James Wooten: Music Composer
Nic Farmer: Unity Programmer
"Ninjafella": Unity Programmer
Julius Won: Unity Programmer
Jonathan McAfee: Unity Programmer
Learning from this experience
This three day event was an amazing opportunity and I'm grateful to be able to work with a team
of very talented people.
• I was able to experience working in a AR/VR and game development environment.
• Game and AR/VR design and development is complex and requires diverse sets of skills and a passion
for these technologies.
• Even though most of the team are strangers, I believe our successful collaboration resulted from each person being confident
in their own skillsets, as well as trusting each other to get the job done.
• Putting users first and striving for a comfortable experience is essential, but it's easy to forget
and may end up prioritizing "cool" over usability and accessibility.
• Deadlines can disrupt original planning and successful teams will be able to adapt to change and make compromises.
We are looking for feedback on our game as we plan to continue squashing more bugs and polishing the